Right Ascension vs. DeclinationMay 01, 2021
Right Ascension and Declination are the types of celestial coordinates that astronomers use to map the sky. They are similar to latitude and longitude coordinates that are used for locations on Earth.
- Right Ascension (RA) - comparable to LONGITUDE. Measures east/west coordinates
- Declination (Dec) - comparable to LATITUDE. Measures north/south coordinates
Every star has a designated Right Ascension and Declination. These coordinates are used to study specific areas in the sky.
Other Versus Videos:
- Alcor versus Mizar
- Apparent versus Absolute Magnitude
- Lunar Eclipse versus Solar Eclipse
- Alpha Centauri versus Beta Centauri
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.